The R crash course is especially aimed at (but not limited to) applicants of the data science certificate program.
It is suited for participants who would like to refresh their knowledge in R or wish to learn the statistical software R and its syntax at a very basic level.
All presented topics will be explained in detail, demonstrated and practiced with the help of exercises by the participants under intensive supervision.
Please bring your own laptop with a current version of the free software R (https://cran.r-project.org) and RStudio (https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/) installed (see also remarks below).
The main topics of the course are:
- Installation of R and additional packages.
- Use of graphical user interfaces (GUIs) for R (e. g. R Studio).
- Basics of R: Explanation of important data types, operators, functions and help pages.
- Import and export of data into R (e.g. CSV, Excel, SPSS etc.).
- Working with data sets (subsetting, editing and converting variables).
- Introduction to the R base graphic system to produce, customize and extend plots.
- How to compute the most common statistical key figures.
The course price already includes lunch, coffee breaks, drinks, and course material.
Each participant receives a certificate of participation with the LMU seal.
Some of our courses take place at the Leopoldstrasse 30. For these courses we ask you to bring your own laptop with a current version of the free software R (https://cran.r-project.org) and RStudio (https://www.rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/). If you do not have administration rights on your laptop (often the case in company laptops), you should also make sure that you can install R add-on packages on your laptop as well. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
More details can be found on the registration page.
We will provide Internet access for all participants via BayernWLAN.